Graphics and Photo Editing for WP Workshop
Course date: Saturday, June 24th, 2023
10:00am – 2:00pm CST
In this workshop, you will learn the basics of creating and resizing graphics and photographs for use on your WordPress websites.
- Stock photography and vector art – ethics, photo credits, resources
- Image sizes and what they mean (file size, physical size, resolution)
- How to resize a graphic or photograph for use in a slide show, blog post, or content page
- How to crop and color correct a photo
- How to take great photographs with your cell phone / phone apps
- Vector art and logo creation
- Favicons, logos, and color font styles
- How to properly use H1 / H2 /H3 css styles
- Photoshop, Illustrator, and Figma
This is a live, hands-on workshop! Have a reliable desktop computer and internet connection with the Zoom app installed. We will be using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator (there is a free 7-day trial of these apps if you do not have a Creative Cloud membership) as well as Figma (create a free account.)
We’ll also briefly demo how to apply the graphics we create in class into a WordPress theme, as well as how to set color and font styles in the WordPress Customizer.